Have you ever been stumped as to how to pray about a situation? We all have at one time or another. What makes it difficult is that we often do not know what God’s will is and therefore lack confidence in knowing what to ask for.
Here are some sure-fire prayers to pray in any situation. They are all in perfect alignment with God’s will because they are right from the Bible.
1. Pray for every one involved to have a closer relationship with God. Ultimately the greatest benefit anyone can experience through even the most difficult of trials is to come to know Jesus Christ better. (Ephesians 2:15-19, John 17:3 & Matthew 6:9)
2. Pray for God to be glorified through what happens. Whenever God’s name and nature are exalted amazing thing always happen. (John 12:28 & Matthew 6:9)
3. Pray for people to acknowledge Christ’s lordship. God’s ultimate purpose is to establish His kingdom on earth and that happens wherever we yield to the rule of King Jesus. (1 Corinthians 12:3 & Matthew 6:10)
4. Pray for people to have the wisdom to do the right thing. God delights to give wisdom and grace to those who will ask Him. (James 1:5 & Matthew 6:10)
5. Pray for God’s unmerited favor and mercy. The very nature of God is to be merciful and provide for our needs even when we don’t deserve it. (Habakkuk 3:2, Psalm 51:1 & Matthew 6:11)
6. Pray for holiness and the fear of the Lord. From the beginning of time God’s has been committed to have a people wholly devoted to Him. (Hebrews 12:14, Proverbs 8:13 & Matthew 6:12-13)
7. Pray that the works of the evil one might be destroyed. The devil comes only to steal, to kill and destroy, but Jesus came that we might have abundance of life in Him. (John 10:10, 1 John 3:8 & Matthew 6:13)
You can very easily remember these seven ways to pray by memorizing the Lord’s Prayer. (Matthew 6:9-13) They are taken directly from that prayer and have been listed in the same order Jesus used when He was teaching His disciples how to pray.